We will be hosting a Cosplay Contest at the 2019 Saluki Con. Information about the contest will be coming soon.
Saluki Con is a family friendly event. We want to emphasize that Cosplay is not consent, so please be respectful to persons in costume and DO NOT TOUCH!
Please read through our costume and weapons regulations below.
- Saluki Con is a family friendly event. Please use common sense, be considerate of other attendees and be aware of your surroundings.
- Cover your body parts. “No costume” is not a costume. “Paint” and/or “pasties” are not a costume, either. No intentional or unintentional “wardrobe malfunctions” allowed. Please make sure your costume is sturdily constructed; this includes proper undergarments. If your costume is deemed to be too revealing or offensive, you will be asked to cover up or change.
- All military, law enforcement, and other emergency service costumes should be easily distinguishable from official uniforms.
- Roller blades, roller skates, and skateboards will not be allowed in the Student Center. Please, no signs offering services or making requests to be hugged or touched. We want everyone to feel comfortable.
- Service Animals are allowed, assuming they are wearing the proper identification and you pick up after them. Pets are NOT allowed inside the Student Center.
No functional weapons are allowed at the Student Center.
- Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by convention staff and compliance with the following:
- All costume weapons must be inspected at the entrance.
- Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable. Triggers must be peace-tied with zip ties or ribbons. No real firearms (even nonfunctional ones) will be allowed.
- Functional (real) arrows must have their tips removed and be bundled and zip tied to a quiver.
- No metal blades.
- If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected, or if you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not bring your costume weapons to the Saluki Con.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation to make the Saluki Con a safe and fun environment for everyone.